Net down

My internet's been down since last evening, so I am forced to post via e-mail by Blackberry. When oh when will Google give us a Blogger app for Blackberry? Btw, how about a full-size keyboard accessory for the BB? Does that exist yet?

I had to work tonight, covering a meeting of the new Liberty Group (a chapter of the Dayton Tea Party). I was pleasantly surprised to find that the speaker's running theme was to cut out the personal attacks and stick to the issues. Too many conservatives have become so vitriolic that they look like a hate group, and I'm becoming ashamed of calling myself conservative again. Tonight's meeting restored some hope for me on that score. (And my support of personal liberty still includes the right of gays to marry - so don't throw stones at me for that conservative label on that issue.)

As I was getting into my car for the drive home, I saw .... urgh ... snow. Only a little, but I still don't want it. I have no problem with a brown and gray Christmas, thanks. This is Ohio though, and like cows, corn and soybeans, snow is inevitable.

While I was home writing up my story (which had to be written on the computer, photo uploaded to the computer, both files transferred to the Blackberry, then e-mailed in to the office), I got a phone call from my ex-husband. He said he was on his way to the hospital, believing he's having a heart attack. I'm sure he's fine. Not only is he a wimp when he's ill, he also refuses to just die. Call me cold, but this is the man who constantly lied and cheated, once knocked me down a flight of stairs when I was eight months pregnant, spit in my face, and has provided ZERO financial support for either of his daughters in the last seven years. Last year was the first time since the divorce that he even got them Christmas gifts, and I'm convinced that was just because he's living with his mother now. The man's personal theme song (that he selected himself) is "Son of a Bitch" by Judas Priest - and he lives up to it.
Hither and yon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday dinner: Garth Brooks' mother's cabbage rolls

As promised, my rant against the gay marriage bans