Traditional signs of spring

Spring has arrived! I know because the following traditional signs are here:

1. The daffodils are in bloom. I don't have any around here, but I've passed them in my car on my way to work.

2. There's an annoying fly buzzing around in my room.

3. Munch is now wearing the same skirt for four straight days. Previously, she wore the same pair of pants for four straight days.

4. The backside of the wing mirror on my car is covered with a layer of dead bugs.

5. It's gorgeous outside. I'm still hunched over my computer holed up in my room. But the curtains are open. And it's hot in here.

6. I can no longer stop at the pet store after the grocery to look at the fishies because all of my frozen items will melt.

7. I'm lookng forward to Manchester United winning the Premier League title - but dreading the season ending and not having my footie anymore. :(

8. I have to dress in layers, so I can take them off on my way and from work and pile them on in the office where the A/C is set to "meat locker."

9. I've come to accept that I can no longer put off shaving my legs. Well, not for much longer...

10. The hot dog and root beer stand is open! - which I take advantage of on opening day, then ignore for the rest of the season.

11. When my daughter disappears for hours at a time, I now assume she's at the park instead of at the neighbor's house playing with their dogs.

12. I can no longer sing at the top of my lungs in the car, because the car next to me has its windows open.

13. I've swapped my comfy fuzzy jammie bottoms for my comfy cotton knit jammie bottoms.

14. I'm looking at the grill thinking, "Mmmmm, I should get some charcoal and fire that baby up." But I don't.

15. I go through the store looking at all the hot summertime clothes and think, "I'm too old for that."

16. I go through my closet looking at all the hot summertime clothes and think, "I'm too old for that" - and give it to my daughter.

17. I wake in the morning to the sound of birds chirping outside my window and say, "Shut up, stupid birds."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday dinner: Garth Brooks' mother's cabbage rolls

As promised, my rant against the gay marriage bans