A little Sunday down time

I'm making a point of relaxing this Sunday morning. I slept in for a while, waking at 10:30 a.m. (that seems to be the limit of my "sleeping in," as I wake up by 10:30 regardless of how late I've stayed up). I have about 10 minutes left of morning now. My summertime hectic schedule has continued unabated. Last weekend, the girls and I took Book to the Columbus Zoo for his birthday. It rained most of the day, but that didn't prevent all of us having a good time - or all of us getting some moderate sunburn. We drove home during some horrible thunderstorms, which fortunately I was skirting the edge of most of the way. That was bad enough. It definitely tried my nerves. This week, Gin had her cheer practice on Monday, then the girls spent the afternoon with my mother on Tuesday. They got to swim, and I got to stay at the office until 9 p.m. finishing a special section I was building for the paper. I was very proud of how nice it looked and got lots of praise from everyone - except my boss, who response was something like, "Meh. It looks fine." Typical. The girls spent Tuesday night at their dad's and went with him swimming at the city pool Wednesday. (I got to take them over there though. No problem. I'm not busy or anything.) Then I picked them up there so Gin could go to her Wednesday cheer practice. Thursday was relatively normal and painless. We got to have an actual dinner at home. Friday night, I worked. I work every Friday night. Then yesterday I took the girls and dropped them off for their brother's graduation party. After I picked them up, the girls and I went to see a movie. MiB3 was lots of fun for all of us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday dinner: Garth Brooks' mother's cabbage rolls

As promised, my rant against the gay marriage bans