Insomni-me

Hmmm...what time is it now? Ah, 4 a.m. Looks like the insomnia has returned, hasn't it? Well, I'm not surprised. Expected it really. I was just lying in bed and realized that I needed to turn off my alarm on my Blackberry. No need to have it going off in two and a half hours from now. Actually, the insomnia hadn't really gone away at all. I'd lain in bed most nights until quite late (or early) nearly every night, being jerked awake by some thought or another - almost always work related - just as I was beginning to drift off. Haven't made it to quite this late in a while though. Sheer exhaustion wouldn't allow for it, though my sleep was never settled when it finally did come. Tomorrow will be a true day off for me, I think. Then Tuesday Susan said she would call after she'd heard from the publisher when she got in. She's working the night shift, so it will be later on. I haven't decided yet if I should start in on all my paperwork tomorrow (well - today) or wait until Wednesday. I do have to complete my expense form to turn in quickly though. No point giving up the money - I'll be needing all I can get.

I've been trying to turn my thoughts to other directions tonight. Not that they're any more restful exactly, but they're certainly more pleasant. :) Time to climb back into bed and give those another shot, I think. Yes. Much more pleasant.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday dinner: Garth Brooks' mother's cabbage rolls

As promised, my rant against the gay marriage bans