Another today

I've been battling my insomnia with some pharmaceutical assistance lately. Don't worry - I take only one pill a night, only if I'm able to sleep at least six or seven hours, and it's non-addictive medication. It's been working for though, and even though I still feel tired when I wake up, at least I am getting actual sleep. It's got to be better than sleeping only an hour or two a night. At the very least, my eyes don't have that sunken, corpse-like look to them anymore.

I had a raging headache when I woke up this morning. Part of that might have been that I waited a bit late to take the pill, and part of it might have been that the girls were especially slow and difficult this morning, so I woke directly to stress and anger as I tried to get them moving to go to school.

I was able to go back to sleep for a couple of hours after they left for school, and when I awoke again, the headache was completely gone, though I did feel extremely tired still. I'm nearly through my large morning cup of coffee and seem to be recovering from that as well now.

In a couple of weeks, it appears that I won't have the opportunity to go back to sleep after the girls leave. I should be starting back to a regular job - FINALLY - and life will get back to normal - whatever that means. I am looking forward to it though. I've been feeling rather useless without a regular job, even though I've been keeping pretty busy with my freelance work. And I'll be happy to be earning all of my money again, little as it is.

I've got a couple of stories to write today, as well as the Man United-AC Milan Champions League match to watch. I'm hoping for a good, exciting game to get my blood pumping and a United win (OF COURSE!) to give me a good solid boost in the spirit.

Tomorrow I'll be heading into town to do some preliminary work for a freelance editing gig I've been offered and for a chat with my editor before my return to work.

And though I seldom do any kind of star memorials, I'd like to add here a word on the death of Corey Haim. It is especially sad to see the loss of someone who had such potential and whom we have watched over the years slip from the path of greatness due to human weakness and exposure to stardom and excess too young. When success comes early and easily, the vagaries of life are sometimes too much to handle for a person unprepared for and uninitiated in failure. Strength is artificial, and escape is easier than the fight. That Corey Haim recognized his weakness is admirable and that he succumbed to it is cause for sympathy and empathy rather than derision.

Comments

985M3rv|n said…
good luck for the job :) cross fingers that everything runs smoothly for u :)

and glory glory man utd :) what a win it was last nite..nice blog btw..

will keep dropping by

cheers

Mervin

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday dinner: Garth Brooks' mother's cabbage rolls

As promised, my rant against the gay marriage bans