So we know he can dance!


I've been wrapped up in So You Think You Can Dance for the past few weeks. I am every season, but I have extra motivation this time. One of the contestants is a boy from the county where I live. And as if that isn't cool enough, I interviewed him for the paper when he was 11 years old. And as if THAT isn't cool enough, he just happens to be one of the most beloved dancers of this season.

That's right. I'm talking about Mr. Adorable himself - Kent Boyd. :) And you can see here, he was adorable then too.

One clarification though - he's from BOTKINS. His address is Wapakoneta, but really he's a Botkins boy. The package on him during the show where he auditioned is all shots from Botkins, not Wapakoneta. Apparently, the whole Wapakoneta-pronunciation spin was too irresistible for the producers, so they don't plan to clarify it as it should be. My understanding is that the mayor of Botkins actually called the show to explain it, but they said they're sticking with the Wapakoneta angle, but if you check out his dancer profile on the So You Think You Can Dance website, it lists his hometown as Botkins, but his questionnaire says he's from Wapakoneta.

And in case you were wondering, yes, he is quite as adorable as he seems. The mayor said he couldn't think of a better representative for the town. His high school principal loves him too. He actually said, "I'd go to war for that boy." We're all very proud of him.

Don't forget to vote!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday dinner: Garth Brooks' mother's cabbage rolls

As promised, my rant against the gay marriage bans