Ding dong, the witch is dead!

Ding dong, the witch is dead! Which old witch? The one that liked to shove its broomstick up the backsides of its employees for fun and giggles. The one that continually made bad business decisions, bringing the misery upon its employees. The one that went off half-cocked and half-assed pushing through poorly thought out get-cash-quick schemes while refusing to consider ideas that would genuinely increase profits and serve customers better. The one that.....

Oh never mind. They're not worth the effort of trying to itemize their acts of utter idiocy.

In sum: my paper's under new ownership, and I don't think there's a broken heart to be found in the office anywhere about now. Nor would I expect to find one in any of our sister newspapers' offices either.

Suffice it to say, the old company saw its ruin in unrestrained greed and selfish tyranny. I, for one, am more than happy to have been around to see it get its comeuppance. It's overdue.

I welcome our new ownership with open arms. I have hope that their proven professional business experience will translate well, despite their lack of experience in the news business in particular. At least the new leaders have already shown the sense to consult with news professionals and put them in positions of authority. I advise them only to allow their predecessors' downfall to serve as a cautionary tale not to follow in their footsteps.

It's a new dawn. It's a new day. It's a new life. And I'm feelin' good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday dinner: Garth Brooks' mother's cabbage rolls

As promised, my rant against the gay marriage bans