Let's give this one a shot....

It seems this situation which is keeping me from posting all the things I'd like to post is going to be dragging on for much longer than I'd hoped (my Twitter friends, fortunately, are able to be aware of it, thanks to the protected tweets option, but this is far too public for me to mention here). There are certainly still some things that I CAN talk about, however, and I'd be remiss if I failed to do so.

Let's throw this one out there: How about I make a resolution to post at least once a week this year REGARDLESS of anything? I'll give it a shot. Here's the first one.....

My nonsmoking effort has been a rousing success. I've been using the Blu e-cig since about a week before Thanksgiving, and since I started, I haven't had a single cigarette. Beyond that, I haven't even wanted one. Considering the relative hell that's been occurring in one area of my life, that's a bit of a shocker. (One of those things I can't talk about right now.) Stress/depression/life difficulties have always been the one thing that set me back in any attempt to stop smoking. I'd quit for five months once, but then after getting dumped by P, I went right back - hard. This time, far more "real" stresses apply, but I'm not even tempted. Honestly, they're not marketed as a stop-smoking aid, but the e-cigs really are wondrous in that function, if that's your desire.

Another area of my life has been quite heavenly - a total departure from the life I'd resigned myself to for these past seven or eight years at least. This, unfortunately, will also remain quiet a bit longer...but I have a feeling it will be going public eventually as well.

Moving on to a totally different subject now.... (you'll have to forgive that catching up means patchwork posts)....

I got a bit of a shock today as I found that Pooh's ex-girlfriend (who's still among my Facebook friends) is engaged. Apparently, Pooh found out about it a couple of weeks ago, and he didn't mention it to me. He's taking it well though. The timing couldn't have worked out better, as he had a difficult time getting over her, but he's recently started another relationship which seems to be working out to be a much better fit for him. In his reflection, he's realized - as I eventually managed to do after splitting up with P - that all was not moonlight and roses in the relationship, and looking back, it was better that it ended. Continuing on - in both of our cases - would have led to more bad than good. Our recoveries are working a surprising parallel as well - with P still involved in his rediscovered love of old and me finally finding a far better fit. (Ok, really must not let any more of THAT slip until the "all-clear" is given. ... So, shoot me. I'm happy. :) )

That'll do for now. Let's see if I can keep this "once a week" thing up, shall we? There's gotta be something I CAN talk about..... :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday dinner: Garth Brooks' mother's cabbage rolls

As promised, my rant against the gay marriage bans