Monday lethargy

I'm struggling to make it through my Monday at it's not yet 10 a.m. Granted, Mondays are never easy, but the return of the insomnia makes it especially difficult. Saturday night I even had a glass of wine, which normally helps, but I lay in bed until probably at least 4 a.m. unable to doze off. Naturally, I couldn't fall asleep and had to get up early in the morning. OK, I suppose I didn't HAVE to get up, but it was a 7:30 a.m. kickoff for the Man United match Sunday morning, and I can't miss that. Well, I did miss kickoff, but I managed to drag myself awake before the first half hour had passed. Almost wish I'd slept through it….. Last night it struck me that I was just suffering for no good reason as I again lay in bed until the wee hours. I took a sleeping pill, but it was quite late by then, and any sleep I managed to get (which was still far too little) is not offsetting the additional lethargy brought on by sleeping pills taken too late.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday dinner: Garth Brooks' mother's cabbage rolls

As promised, my rant against the gay marriage bans