Heart heavy

My heart is breaking tonight for my dear friend who has just lost her daughter. She was just 21 years old and the mother of a precious little boy who's not yet two years old. It's so strange for me because I have two other friends who have just had babies. One had a very difficult pregnancy and just three weeks ago had her baby, after a difficult delivery during which they both nearly died. But they are now both well and healthy. The other, he and his wife found out that there was a great possibility of miscarriage. She held on and held on and two weeks ago their baby daughter was delivered. She weighed just over a pound, but she is doing so well and such a strong little angel that we are all believing now that she will prove all the doctors wrong. So it was such a shock to learn that my other friend had lost her daughter. I still don't know what happened. I'd never met her, but I know that she was a person who brought nothing but sweetness and a brilliant light to all those she touched. It was just four days ago my friend had posted a picture of a bouquet of flowers her daughter gave her, just to tell her that she loved her. I can only imagine the pain my friend must be feeling. Nine years ago, I almost lost my daughter in a freak accident. Even now, it haunts me. Tonda, Mike, Miranda and darling little Noah, my heart is with you. Holly was truly fortunate to have been so deeply loved in her too-brief time on this earth.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday dinner: Garth Brooks' mother's cabbage rolls

As promised, my rant against the gay marriage bans