Keeping busy

We're definitely keeping busy around here lately. Gin had her first cheer competition on Sunday. Both of her group's teams took first place for their divisions, so she was very excited. It was a long day for all of us. We went in to Sidney to pick up my mom, then spent about five hours at the venue before meeting up with my son, Pooh, for dinner at Noodles & Co. Mom says she's not hosting Thanksgiving this year, so Noodles & Co. was our Thanksgiving. I'm not sure, but I think that might be a crime. Good though. On our drive home, we got caught in a traffic jam for 45 minutes because of a crash on the interstate ahead of us. It happened just beyond an interminably long construction zone, so all the exits were closed, and no one could go anywhere. All we could do was wait. And wait. And wait. Yesterday, Gin had her cheer practice, so that meant leaving early and having to go back to the office with Munch while Gin was in practice. Today, I had to leave early so I could take Munch to a doctor's appointment to adjust the dosage of her ADD medication. Unfortunately, we just got a refill, and because of the restrictions on getting the "controlled substance" we can't get the new dosage for another three weeks. After the doctor we stopped by the store to pick up a few things, went out for a quick bite (stalling until after office hours so I could take her into the office with me to finish my work - I did NOT want to do an hour roundtrip to take her home then go back to the office, then another half hour home again). We spent another hour and 45 minutes in the office. Afterward, Munch reminded me I still needed some teeth for my Halloween costume (trick or treat is Thursday). Somehow, that trip into the store came out to about $50. When we finally got home, I threw on some dinner. It was a very delicious seafood bisque with lobster ravioli. Sorry, I don't have a recipe for this one. It was Bertolli. :) Tomorrow, Munch has a field trip with school, then as I said, trick or treat is Thursday. I'm taking the day off work. Munch will be a zombie, so I need adequate time to do the makeup well. Oh, by the way, she wants me to be a zombie with her. There should probably be pictures. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday dinner: Garth Brooks' mother's cabbage rolls

As promised, my rant against the gay marriage bans