Busy week

Well, I started my new job this week, and although I'm incredibly busy and working very long hours, I'm actually really loving it. :)
I spent Monday at my old office, then Tuesday, I went in to the new job. The morning started out with our weekly editorial meeting. I felt like I was pretty well received. As soon as I got out, I found that I had a message from the school saying Munch's tooth was hurting. (I'd had an appointment scheduled at the dentist for her on Thursday, but apparently, it was not going to wait any longer.) So I called and scheduled an appointment for her for Tuesday, then I called the school and said I'd pick her up. So, I'm called out of the office already on my first day. Munch had to get a “baby root canal.” She goes back for a permanent filling next Tuesday. My mom will take her for that. I returned to the office while Pooh watched the girls. Stayed until about 8 p.m.
Wednesday I was back in my old office again in the morning (they had a food day in my honor), then I went to the Piqua office to train my replacement. I went home after that to watch the football game, since it would be my last midweek game – maybe ever...or so it seems. After the game, I took Munch back into my old office to clear my workspace. No sappy goodbyes. It was barely noticed, I think, but at least my old boss will miss me.
Thursday, things got crazy. It was my first full day in the new office, and I was there for 11 ½ hours. But I loved it. I really did.
Friday was a little smoother. Still a long day. I still loved it too. We had a department head meeting, and I was in on it. Imagine that. Me. A department head. The publisher had everyone say something interesting about themselves, so I could get to know them better. They all got to know each other better too. My thing? My obsession with European football, naturally. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday dinner: Garth Brooks' mother's cabbage rolls

As promised, my rant against the gay marriage bans