Heading to Vegas!

Well, today was my last day of work before my vacation. I get to have five full consecutive days COMPLETELY off work! That has never happened before - at least not since I've been at this job.
I'm packing my bag for my trip to Vegas. My mom will get here about 1 a.m. after she gets off work. (She's keeping the girls for me this weekend, and getting them off to school on Friday and Monday.) I have to leave for the airport by 2:30 a.m. tonight, at the latest. It's a two-hour drive to the airport normally, but I'll have to check the road conditions before I go. That allows an hour and a half before my 7 a.m. flight. Thanks to the convenient time difference though, I'll be landing at 8:38 a.m. - direct flight. The flight back will be considerably more. I'll have two connections - from Vegas to L.A. to Charlotte then to Columbus. It's about 1,000 miles more in flight. Fortunately, I like flying. So 4 hours and 38 minutes to get there, and 7 hours and 4 minutes back, 9 hours and 15 minutes including connections. I leave there at 11 a.m. and return at 11:45 p.m., local time Monday. Probably a good thing I decided to take Tuesday off too, because there's still that three-hour drive home from the airport too.
I won't be getting any sleep at all tonight, and I definitely won't sleep on the plane. I'll probably look a wreck by the time I arrive, and I'll be so tired that all I'll want to do is sleep. I only slept about 4 hours last night. Ah well, I'll power through somehow. I'll have the adrenaline going, so that will help. I'm meeting my Italian friend F in person for the first time, and I've never been to Las Vegas, except to connect flights once. Yeah, I think I'll have some adrenaline working for me. :)
Time to finish getting ready. If I hurry and I'm lucky, maybe I can squeeze in a nap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday dinner: Garth Brooks' mother's cabbage rolls

As promised, my rant against the gay marriage bans