Sunday morning

My days have been all mixed up lately, with the holidays interrupting the work weeks and throwing me off completely. I felt like I got a little cheated this year. Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Day were all on Thursdays this year (yes, I know, Thanksgiving is always on a Thursday). This cheated me a little bit because I only get the actual holiday itself off work, and on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I work from home anyway. This New Year's Day I still had to work though. I even had to do an extra newspaper because the girl who normally posts it got the day off, so I had to do her work too. What that meant for me, though, was being able to work short days the rest of the week, because I still got credit for the eight hours of holiday time. It was just distributed over the whole week because I worked on that holiday. Anyway, on Tuesday, I felt like it was Friday. By Friday, it seemed like Monday. This weekend, I didn't have to work, so I think I'll be back on track now. I've even got a column topic to write tonight because it will simply be a continuation of last week's column.
The temperature dropped to just below freezing last evening, then we had rain come in after midnight. The temp then went back up, so I woke up this morning to fog so thick outside my window that I couldn't make out a single thing outside. It was actually comforting in a way. My head felt much the same, so I was sort of aligned with the universe. The fog outside has thinned just slightly, as has the fog in my head - just slightly - thanks to my first cup of coffee for the day.

Comments

Unknown said…
Who are you? You are my friend ^^'
I've followed you, follow me if you want :)

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday dinner: Garth Brooks' mother's cabbage rolls

As promised, my rant against the gay marriage bans