"I want, I want, I want ... but that's crazy"

Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Saturday Shuffle

I woke up early this morning so I could get started on my work early. I had a meeting at the school at 10 a.m., so I needed to get my work done a little sooner than usual. No good. I managed to get about half of the pages from the newspapers downloaded to my computer - then my connection cut out. And stayed out. Until 9:40 a.m. I scrambled. I posted the home page items for two of the papers, but then I realized that page 1 was missing from the third newspaper. Checked the ftp site. Nope. The geniuses forgot to put it out on the ftp for me.
So anyway, we're about two minutes from the school. I grabbed the girls and raced out to the car. Get to the school and the door by the office - the one I was told to use - is locked. Hop back in the car and drive to the other side - also locked. But there's a basketball game going on, so we can get into the other wing of the school. We walk all the way around through the inside back to the other wing. Locked. "Forget it," I told the girls. "We're going home." If they call a meeting then I have no way to get in, it's not much of a meeting, is it? They'll just have to send the information home from school. They've wasted enough of my time on this already.
I jumped back on my computer and got up all the possible stories I could on the Web sites before I had to run out and pick up Book at his dad's.
Then we did our usual Saturday stuff - grabbed lunch and headed to Nana's house. Nana's having some home renovations done right now. She's just gotten her kitchen remodeled, now she's having a half bath added off one of the bedrooms (it's currently a FIVE bedroom house - thanks to an earlier renovation - with ONE bathroom). So Nana and I chatted with the contractors as we watched the progress, while Munch and Book played - surprisingly without conflict or incident. And Gin curled up on Nana's bed with a book. Gin fell asleep, so we decided to go ahead and come home, and Nana said she would bring Gin back when she woke up. (She was up all last night with a head cold, so she was pretty wiped out.)
So I brought Munch and Book back home and jumped back online to work some more. And now that I'm finished, I really don't feel like doing anything else.
Think I might just hit the shower and then veg for the rest of the night. I've been sneezing a lot today. I hope I'm not getting that head cold. Flying with a head cold is miserable, and I definitely don't want to be sick for my weekend getaway.

No comments: