Troubled times...and my great escape

It appears that my friend L at work was caught in the latest round of layoffs at the office. I can't imagine what the justification for that was. If it were based on quality or merit, she would not have been the one who got it. The girl's got real talent though (graphic design) and she's smart, so I expect that she will be able to come out of this in a better place.

All staff members - including corporate - have now been ordered to take five unpaid days off by April 30. It won't be so bad, as it's timed with getting tax refunds, so we should all be able to cover the shortfall fairly painlessly. It could have been worse I suppose. Still could be. It's not over yet.

I'm a week away from my weekend getaway in Las Vegas! I'm excited! We've got more cold weather coming, but I get to escape from all of that for just a few days. It will be a welcome and much-needed break from real life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday dinner: Garth Brooks' mother's cabbage rolls

As promised, my rant against the gay marriage bans