On to the countdown

I did the whole Christmas shopping thing on Thursday, as I'd promised. While I was at it, I also got the front tires replaced on my car, got an oil change, changed the air filter and got new wiper blades installed. I managed it all in about two hours. That's got to be some kind of record. Of course, the pile of now-wrapped presents looks pitifully small. IS pitifully small, I should say. Oh well, the kids know this year is a slim one. It hasn't really dampened the enthusiasm all that much.

I avoided wrapping yesterday. The girls were gone for the night, so it really would have been a perfect opportunity, but I opted to start drinking early instead. By about 10 I was ready for bed. I actually headed there by about 11. Surprise, surprise - I lay awake until about 3 a.m. I think too much.

I woke up this morning to the second snow of the season. It looked a bit more serious about it this time. The snow actually stuck all day. Some of it's started to melt, but the temperature's dropped, so all of that is ice now. I'm not going to complain too much about it though. I've seen what the east coast got, and I'll take our little inch or so instead. Besides, I don't have to actually leave the house tomorrow for any particular reason. I think I'll stay home and bundled up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday dinner: Garth Brooks' mother's cabbage rolls

As promised, my rant against the gay marriage bans