Flashback Friday - The Young Ones

One of my favorite discoveries of the 80s was British comedy. To this day, I'm hooked. I started out with Benny Hill at a very young age (that probably seems VERY WRONG), then I found Monty Python, and in my high school years, I was fortunate enough to find MTV airing episodes of The Young Ones. I've since expanded my horizons - but I still think The Young Ones is timeless (so far), so here's a clip for this week's Flashback Friday.

By the way, Bottom is another great one - it's from the mid-90s and stars Rik Mayall (Rik) and Ade Edmonson (Vyvyan) from The Young Ones. My latest discovery is Shameless, which is more of a drama now but with some fabulous comic elements too. (Note: non-Anglos/Anglophiles probably won't get much of the humor in it though.)

Comments

Janiss said…
OMG, they are SO hilarious! I didn't have a TV throughout most of the 1980s, so I didn't catch them very often the first time around - it was an extra special treat when I did. Now every so often, I go to YouTube and watch a few of Young Ones clips.

Remember when Motorhead was on the show? That ruled.

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday dinner: Garth Brooks' mother's cabbage rolls

As promised, my rant against the gay marriage bans