Under pressure

I'm in a brief lull in the day at the moment, but these aren't going to be frequent today.

I was up early and ran over to the market for some orange juice this morning, and while I was there I ran into my landlord. He'd stopped by yesterday because our heat isn't working. He said he'd have to send someone over today to look at it. So when I was at the market, he asked if the guy'd been here yet. It was only 9 a.m.! No, of course he hadn't, but that got me thinking the guy might be coming pretty quickly.

I already had my day sketched out, so I knew I had to jump in the shower this morning if I was going to get through the rest of the day on time. I raced through that, hoping that the guy wouldn't show up for the furnace while I was in there. He didn't. Now I'm waiting for him.

I have a feature story due for the paper on Friday, but I couldn't reach the guy I need to interview until yesterday. He asked if I could come in today at 3, so I have to get through that and then get back home in time to leave for the airport by 6. I think I'll have to write my article on my Blackberry on the plane or something. There's no way I can get it finished before I have to leave. Or maybe I can use a computer at the hotel. I'll probably have time to kill during the day tomorrow. I'm guessing F is going to have to be working during the day. Writing my story will give me something to do while I'm waiting. Typical. I'm always working during vacation. Even when I'm unemployed, apparently.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday dinner: Garth Brooks' mother's cabbage rolls

As promised, my rant against the gay marriage bans