Vaudeville.... Cirque du Soleil style!



Cirque du Soleil has never been your typical circus. It's always been so much more.

I remember seeing Cirque du Soleil for the first time on television when I was young. I never knew what to expect, but I knew this was something different. Then when I saw it, I understood. I didn't see a circus before me - I saw a dream. It wasn't comic silliness. It was grace and beauty that seemed to defy the laws of physics. It always had an element of the fun and silliness you expect from the circus. It also had the death-defying feats of human skill - but far beyond the usual tricks and stunts.

Cirque du Soleil's latest offering, Banana Shpeel, is their own unique spin on classic vaudeville. The show blends comedy and a variety of dance styles with a hilarious storyline generously sprinkled with slapstick in the tradition of vaudeville shows - but in a way that only Cirque du Soleil can do it.

With all of the actors/dancers dressed as the classic (but sophisticated) vaudeville clowns, the story follows the innocent and romantic actor Emmett as he goes for an audition for the cruel producer Shmelky, who sows terror among his minions. Naturally, Emmett falls for the beautiful lead actress, Katie, and he meets a strange and bizarre cast of characters, including the mysterious Banana Man. Emmett must find a way to win his love and escape the nefarious Shmelky. And how will the Banana Man fit in to all this?

To learn more about the show and buy tickets for a performance near you, click here.

Post?slot_id=69722&url=http%3a%2f%2fsocialspark

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday dinner: Garth Brooks' mother's cabbage rolls

As promised, my rant against the gay marriage bans