Munch turns 8

My little Munch turned 8 on Friday. She's my youngest, and they're growing up quickly. I have mixed feelings about this. Part of me is looking forward to the day when they're grown, because I feel that I've been only 'mom' for so long, and I've had no life of my own. Of course, the natural mommy in me is also a bit sad to see them growing so quickly, and I'm sure I'll miss the days when they were small. They're all doing so well though, and I am proud of that.

Gin has turned into quite the little reader. It seems she always has a book with her to read in the car. And when she's not doing her chores or homework, she's reading at home too. There are some advantages to having disconnected the cable several months ago, that's for sure. I think it's been a big contributor to her reading.

Munch once again demonstrated her kind heart and generosity. She got some money for her birthday, so of course, she bought candy. She shared this with her brother and sister. She also got two jewelry boxes for her birthday. Not to be left out, she decided to give one of her books to Book, so that he could get something too. She will never be the selfish one. Even when they don't share with her, her first thought when she has anything is to share with her siblings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday dinner: Garth Brooks' mother's cabbage rolls

As promised, my rant against the gay marriage bans