Glass of wine and a good book

I had a crap day at work today. Thanks to the same person. Again. It's getting so infuriating. He's almost reason enough for me to quit my job, as he makes it so much more difficult than it needs to be.....and it's difficult enough as it is. If he would just keep his big, fat face out of my business and focus on his own, I could handle things, no problem. But he keeps stepping in where he's not needed or wanted and screwing everything up for me. Grrr!

I was so ticked off that I came home and broke into my homemade wine. Lo and behold, after aging for a couple of months, it's actually not half bad. It's quite strong though, which suited me just fine. But now that I know it's actually drinkable, I'll be drinking more of it. :)

I got a mystery solved tonight that's been driving me crazy for years. There's a book I read in college, and I could not for the life of me remember the title. I could remember little bits and pieces of the story, but I had no idea what it was, so I had no way to find it again. I'd even tried posting on message boards all over the web to see if anyone could help, to no avail. Well, the person who introduced me to the book is finally on my Facebook friends, so I sent him a message tonight asking if he could remember it. Much to my surprise, he responded to me right away, and after just one miss, he remembered! It's called "Bicycling Through Space and Time," if you're curious. I'm so glad I know now. All I could remember was something about a bike path, and doors to other worlds or alternate realities, and maybe something about a young Hitler, but I wasn't sure if that was really in it or not (it is). Now I'm going to have to immediately go buy the book and read it again. After all, I've been trying to figure this out for about a dozen years now. I'm so bad with book titles. I'm constantly reading books, and I completely ignore the title. Half the time I couldn't tell you the name of the book I'm reading right now. I just finished Dean Koontz's "Forever Odd" yesterday, and I honestly hadn't even bothered to commit the title to memory until I made a point of looking at it about two chapters from the end. So if anyone asks me, "Read any good books lately?" I typically respond, "Yeah, lots ... but I couldn't for the life of me tell you what they're called."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday dinner: Garth Brooks' mother's cabbage rolls

As promised, my rant against the gay marriage bans