Prep day

I spent most of the day as many people did in the country today. I was preparing for Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow.

I procrastinated, as usual, so my preparations included a trip to the grocery store today. I got lucky though. It was crowded, but I was patient. I got a decent parking spot, and I had no wait at all for a cashier, so I was in and out pretty quickly.

I came home and made a cheesecake, which cracked, unfortunately. I could conceal it with some cherry topping, but it was requested plain, so the flaw will be obvious. I think it'll pass with the family, though. The cherries and chocolate will be served on the side, and I'll probably have quite a bit left to bring home. It'll taste good, so I'm not complaining.

I also have the biggest responsibility of the dinner. I'm making the turkey. I first made the turkey four or five years ago, and it went over so well that I've been asked to do it again every year. I use Alton Brown's Good Eats Roast Turkey recipe, so I have him to thank for making my family look forward to my centerpiece of the meal every year. I also have him to blame for my having to do it! Oh well. I love the praise.

The evening's mine now, so I'm kicking back with a drink. Wish I had a friend to unwind with, but I guess this'll do for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday dinner: Garth Brooks' mother's cabbage rolls

As promised, my rant against the gay marriage bans