My day off work in the middle of the week

I took the day off work today and spent the better part of the time sleeping. I woke up to get the girls off to school, then I climbed back into bed. I woke up about three hours later, but I was still feeling tired, so I lay back down, expecting that I wouldn't fall asleep again. I was wrong. The next thing I knew, it was 1 in the afternoon. I don't regret it in the slightest. I probably needed the rest. It's certainly been long enough since I've gotten much good, uninterrupted sleep. And it was wonderful just waking up on my own rather than to an alarm clock or a child knocking on the door or kids arguing in the hall outside my room.

When I finally did get up and moving around, I managed to get a few things done that needed to be done. Then I got online and did a few things there, including some Entrecard dropping that I've been neglecting lately, I must admit.

I also got a welcome message in my inbox on Facebook that a friend of mine in Europe is planning a trip to the U.S. for business soon. He's trying to work things out so that he will be able to come my way as well, so that will be nice. We get along very well, and it would be so nice to get to meet him in person and spend some time together. I'm too used to disappointment to be counting on it just yet, but I do hope that it all works out that we can see each other. I've needed to be able to look forward to something.

My cousin called me yesterday and asked if I might be able to go out this Saturday night. She won't have her kids, and she and I haven't been out together since I was in college, I think. We hardly ever see each other anymore. I've got Book on Saturday, but I might see if I can switch that to Friday if I can make arrangements for the girls too. It would be nice to have a night out. It's been far too long.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday dinner: Garth Brooks' mother's cabbage rolls

Check out these roughnecks!