Monday dinner (belated): Mini meatloaves and roasted potatoes

I had no time to post Monday's dinner (see previous post), but this is the second time I've made mini meatloaves since I started my little food adventure, so I wanted to get the recipe up.

Mini Meatloaves

1 pound lean ground beef
1 egg
15 crushed Ritz crackers (can you tell yet that these are my preferred "filler"?)
1 T. Weber roasted garlic and herb seasoning
1 T. worcestershire sauce
1 t. soy sauce
1 T. chopped dried onion
1/3 c. ketchup
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. fresh ground black pepper

glaze:
1/3 c. ketchup
1 T. brown sugar
1/2 T. soy sauce
1/2 t. ground ginger

Heat oven to 400F. Mix meatloaf ingredients thoroughly with hands. Divide into four even portions and shape each into a small loaf shape. Place on baking sheet covered with foil and sprayed lightly with olive oil.

Mix glaze ingredients in a small bowl and brush evenly over meatloaves to desired thickness. (I like a lot on mine.)

Bake 30-40 minutes or until glaze is nicely browned and loaves are cooked through.


At the same time, you can bake your potatoes.


Herb-roasted potatoes

4 med. russett potatoes, well-scrubbed, diced small and rinsed
Olive oil
Weber roasted garlic and herb seasoning
Seasoned salt (Lawry's is always the best)

Toss potatoes in olive oil, sprinkle with seasoned salt and seasoning. Toss together and season again until seasoned as desired. Spread in single layer on baking sheet. Bake at the same time as meatloaves. Turn pan and stir once about halfway through. They'll finish at the same time.


This meal is BEGGED for by the girls - especially the potatoes!

Remember, I'm cooking for myself and two girls, ages 14 and 11, so you might need to adjust your proportions to suit your family size.

Comments

Your family is a perfect fit for mine. If your kids eat it mine probably will too (ages 13 and 9). I love using Ritz as a filler too. They come pre-seasoned.

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday dinner: Garth Brooks' mother's cabbage rolls

As promised, my rant against the gay marriage bans