Tuesday dinner: Super Simple Chicken and Noodles

My one-day weekend left my schedule messed up, so Monday had to be my shopping day. Since that's also Gin's cheer practice day, it meant running to the store at 6:30 p.m. for the week's food. By the time we got home, dinner was frozen pizza. I also didn't have the week's menu prepared, so we kind of had to do that on the fly.

Tonight, super simple chicken and noodles with a side of asparagus. Believe me, this meal ALMOST couldn't be any easier.

Super Simple Chicken and Noodles

1/2 a 16-ounce bag of extra wide egg noodles (these were left from a previous week, so don't look for a future recipe to finish the bag this week, as I'd usually do)
1 can chicken breast (I used the small can, but you can use a big one, if you like more chicken)
One can condensed cream of chicken soup (if you can find the cream of chicken with herbs, it's even better!)
Half a can of milk

Cook egg noodles in boiling water per instructions on the bag. Drain. While noodles are draining, put chicken (not drained), soup and milk in pot and stir together thoroughly. Return noodles to pot. Stir gently and warm through. Season to taste.

That's it!

My daughter liked it so much, she said she wanted it for her birthday meal. That's not true, of course. When her birthday rolls around, she wants to go to the sushi restaurant. But still, that's a pretty good review!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday dinner: Garth Brooks' mother's cabbage rolls

As promised, my rant against the gay marriage bans