One day weekend

I get a one day weekend this week, and probably next, thanks to a coworker vacationing and another on maternity leave. I wish I'd known last weekend, since I felt like I wasted at least one whole day of that one too, and I was looking forward to a real one this week. Oh well.

Cramming it all into one day started with getting up to take Gin to her strength-training class, which is required for her to use the Wellness Center at the Y as a teen. I'd rather sleep in after working Friday night, but at least I finished work early and was able to get home at the relatively decent hour of midnight. (We spent the next hour sprinkling the house with diatomaceous earth to eradicate the flea infestation the cats have brought home.)

While Gin was at the Y, Munch and I went down to the farmers' market (I'm never in town when it's open, it seems.) We made a good haul: watermelon, bell pepper, onion, half a dozen ears of corn, peaches, some candy apple jelly and a loaf of blueberry banana bread (very tasty!). That only took half an hour, so we followed up with a trip to Goodwill. Munch got three pairs of jeans (one new with tags). I got a shirt, and I found a pair of Juicy Couture shoes new with tags that I couldn't resist picking up for Gin.

The rest of the day will be spent doing dishes and laundry, changing the water in the fish tanks (which is overdue) and making up next week's menu. I plan to shop for groceries Monday, after Gin finishes with cheerleading practice, since I have to work tomorrow. Rearranging an already hectic schedule is kind of a pain in the backside.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday dinner: Garth Brooks' mother's cabbage rolls

As promised, my rant against the gay marriage bans