Thursday night relaxing time

By request, tonight's dinner was my Super Simple Chicken and Noodles (recipe here). It's a pretty quick repeat, but I'm not complaining since it's "super simple" and I had no plan made out ahead of time.

It's Thursday, which means I get to not feel all stressed out because I don't have work in the morning. I work Friday evenings every week now. I get the kids off to school then I get to go back to sleep. It's nice that they're now old enough that they can spend a Friday evening at home alone (when I don't have to be sure to be there hovering over Munch to get her homework done.)

I called our stringer at work today to ask her about the bichon frise - it's her parents' dog. I asked if they might be willing to wait a couple of weeks for a positive answer on whether or not we want to take him. I have to find out if I'm going to be priced out of my apartment now that I'm about to be under new ownership. If we're staying, we'll probably take the dog. It's really just too good to pass up. Well, I'll have to meet him first, of course. 

Since my night is pretty much settled already - except for jumping on Munch's head every five minutes to get back to her homework - I think I'll get started on next week's menu. Btw, anyone got any good suggestions for recipe sites for easy, kid-friendly meals? I almost always alter the recipes significantly (so far, every one here is an original of mine except for the cabbage rolls), but I do like the recipe sites to give me ideas.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday dinner: Garth Brooks' mother's cabbage rolls

As promised, my rant against the gay marriage bans