Wednesday's dinner: Upside-Down Nachos

I had to work Tuesday night, so I didn't have anything on the menu. The girls stayed at my mother's enjoying a fine pot roast while I got to spend the evening at the Board of Elections office covering what turned out to be a rather dramatic special election. It should have been dull. There were only two issues on the ballot. Here's one of them: My story

Anyway, since we all got a break from Mexican for a night, it was OK to use up those leftovers with tonight's dinner:

Upside-Down Nachos

Leftover 1/2 pound cooked and seasoned ground beef from Monday
Leftover 1/2 can seasoned refried beans from Monday
Taco sauce
1 c. shredded cheese
Another 1/4 of that onion from Monday, chopped finely
Shredded lettuce
Sour cream
Jalapeno slices
Tortilla chips (baked ones make for a healthier meal)

I'm cooking for three, so I divided the beef, beans and cheese into three microwave-safe bowls. Add a tablespoon or two of taco sauce to each. Stir well. Microwave each on high for about a minute, stirring every 15 seconds.

Remove from microwave and top each bowl as desired. Top with crushed tortilla chips and eat with a fork or spoon.

This keeps the chips nice and crisp and eliminates the mess!

You can see the only new ingredient is the tortilla chips after Monday's meal, so it's almost like getting two meals for one!

Oops, I forgot to take a picture again. I ate it too quickly!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday dinner: Garth Brooks' mother's cabbage rolls

As promised, my rant against the gay marriage bans