Indecent hour

As usual, I couldn't fall asleep last night. Normally, this wouldn't be much of an issue for a Saturday, but this week I was asked to come in at the weekend and do the web uploads for the three newspapers again. So, I was up at 4:30 a.m. I NEVER want to see 4:30 a.m. on Saturday unless I haven't gone to bed yet or I've just rolled over to say, "Let's go again." It's a truly indecent hour.

I actually managed to finish far earlier than I expected to, and I was back home by 9 a.m. in time to make myself a third cup of coffee and get Munch up and dressed. Gin came home from her overnight at her friend's house, and we went off to pick up Book for the day. Had lunch at Mom's, and she said her sister's home with hospice care. She said she's doing surprisingly well and has been lucid and receiving visitors. It's still just a matter of time - and a very short time too. Her biopsy came back revealing two kinds of cancer. Mom's just happy that her sister's been awake and aware and able to see people.

I came back home to watch the Liverpool game. I only watch to see them lose. But then I realized they're playing West Ham - the other team I hate. Is there any way both of them can lose? Am I such an addict that I'll watch two teams I hate play each other? Quite possibly. The Man United game this weekend is Sunday at 8:30 a.m. Ugh. I've got to do the web upload for Troy in the morning, that means I'll have to get up extra early to go into the office for that and then get home in time for the game. There are few I'll be able to watch this season, as they're almost all on at 10 a.m. on Saturdays, and I always leave at 10:30 to go get Book. I'll lose sleep to watch them when I can.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday dinner: Garth Brooks' mother's cabbage rolls

As promised, my rant against the gay marriage bans