A little time in paradise....

For a change, I've got something good coming up for me. It's nothing that's going to serve me any positive purpose long-term, but it's a much-needed bit of sunshine (quite literally) for me that has already done wonders for my morale, even though it hasn't happened yet.

I have a little vacation coming up. F is coming over to the U.S. on business, and he's flying me down to Tampa for a few days to see him. And to make it even nicer, we'll be staying in a beautiful private villa on Clearwater Beach. He sent me a link to the place today, so I could see the pictures, and it's just wonderful. I'm actually going to be able to get away to a little piece of paradise for a few days. I can't wait. I'll be watching the sun set over the Gulf of Mexico. Ahhhhhhh, how lovely!

I might even see if I can manage a lunch with my old friend from college who lives very near there. We haven't seen each other in about 15 years now, and I believe his exact words were, "you damn well better!" We were part of a very tight-knit group in college, and ever since we found each other again online, we've been trying to sort out a way to get together again. He was supposed to come up to Ohio for his brother's wedding in July, but the wedding was called off, so he didn't make the trip.

I won't be going until October, but it gives me something to look forward to. I've already figured out most of the details here. Pooh's taken the days off work already, so he'll be home to watch the girls. F is ordering my plane ticket tomorrow.

I can't wait! Oh, I said that already. Oh well... I can't wait!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday dinner: Garth Brooks' mother's cabbage rolls

As promised, my rant against the gay marriage bans