Pretty good day after all

It turned out to be a pretty good day for me. I've now got my flight booked for my trip to Florida. It will be wonderful to see F again. During the trip, I might even get to see a couple other really good friends, if everything works out ok. I'm so looking forward to it!

I had a story to do this evening for one of my newspapers. It was the kick-off for a traveling Smithsonian exhibit called "Between Fences." I have to admit that I didn't really get the concept at first, but it turned out to be quite interesting. Fun, too. The director of the historical society was disco dancing on the porch, and I got some good food too.

I got home much earlier than I expected, and I even got to have a chat with a couple of friends - even though one was up waaaay past his bedtime. My good friend D in England seems to be having trouble sleeping lately. I can relate.

I got no bills and two checks in the mail today too. I finally got my first payment from one of the newspapers I'm freelancing for. It was small, but I'll take it. The other one was bigger because it was two payments in one. I'll definitely take it. I need it badly right now.

Time for me to get to bed now. Not that I'll sleep right away. It was a good day, and I think I'll reflect on it for a while.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday dinner: Garth Brooks' mother's cabbage rolls

As promised, my rant against the gay marriage bans