One thing resolved...at least

Well, it looks like I'm finally getting a new boss at work, after going six weeks without one. Fortunately, he's someone I already know, at least somewhat, and I think we'll get along well. He's an Australian - so the accent's always entertaining - and he's got a sense of humor, so we should be ok. Poor guy has no idea what he's in for (I mean from corporate - not from me!), but he's coming from our circulation department - and if he can survive THAT, he can survive anything. I'll do everything I can to support him in what he needs to do, and I'm hoping he'll let me go on doing my job with minimal interference. Our site redesign project should finally start moving forward soon, so I could be facing an even heavier workload than usual soon.

I had two very quiet days and nights at home with no kids (I've just gone and picked them up, so they're home again now). It's been a little lonely around here, but I got some things done that needed doing, and I had some nice chats with friends.

I got to talk to my friend Z in London yesterday, which is always nice, although I had a million distractions at the time. Then I got messaged by my soccer pal D in Manchester. He was up well past his bed time. We ended up talking for more than an hour, which was extremely unusual, as I don't think I've ever talked to him for more than five or so minutes at a time. And for once, we didn't talk soccer. We got to know each other a little better though. I enjoyed that.

We've had two more rainy days, and more is yet to come. There are fireworks scheduled for nearby for the Fourth - Friday night in one town and Saturday night in another. I'm hoping at least one of them won't be rained out. If we get really lucky, we'll get to do both. Munch is a huge fan of fireworks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday dinner: Garth Brooks' mother's cabbage rolls

As promised, my rant against the gay marriage bans