I promised to revisit this topic - because Part 1, way back in March, inspired searches for a Part 2 - so here it is. Just so you know, though, I never intended a Part 2, and it was never meant to be a list. It was just an ordinary entry, and when I titled it Secret Pleasures, the words "Part 1" immediately popped into my head for some reason. Oh well, here is a Part 2 anyway. :)
* Mad Men on AMC (watch online here!!) - That's not really a secret, though, and I mentioned it in Part 1 anyway. I've been loving it from the beginning, and I'm so glad the mainstream is picking up on it. This show is incredible! The first season has been nominated for 16 Emmy Awards!!!
* dancing to the song "Buttons" by the Pussycat Dolls. Actually, I've got a few other songs I love to dance to, including "Family Affair" by Mary J. Blige, "Smooth" by Santana fea. Rob Thomas (that man's voice just DOES things to me....no idea why....Rob, not Carlos, btw), "You Can Leave Your Hat On" by Joe Cocker (that's a new one for me...hehe...but it's fun!), and lots of others. For a broader selection of titles, check out my mp3 player while watching through my bedroom window with a good pair of binoculars. I never remember to close my shades because it's just a field out there.
* Rob Thomas - just because he should get his own listing. :) (I swear - I don't know WHY?!?!)
* good, sappy movies - I mean good ones, too. My top three are The Princess Bride, When Harry Met Sally and Serendipity. I will watch them every time they are on TV even though I have two on DVD (not Serendipity yet, but whenever I hear Waiting in Vain, I weep uncontrollably anyway.......). Runners up include Two Weeks Notice, You've Got Mail, Sleepless in Seattle (although, that one rips me up too now), ok- pretty much anything Meg and Tom... Wow, that's cliche.
* I wanna say SHOES...but that's no secret. Italian shoes, specifically. Also, no secret.
* gentle nibbles down my neck from the spot just below the ear to where it curves down to the shoulder - Now, that's a pleasure. :)
* European soccer players - Again, that one's not a secret. But mmmmmmm, definitely a pleasure. :) Maybe Luca Toni should get his own listing, too....
* Italian men (as in Italian-born) - it's a recent fixation. I can't help it. File Luca Toni under this one, too, although only as a 'spectator.'
* ridiculously long chats with someone an ocean away who inexplicably just seems to connect with me.
* 80s sitcoms - I watched sitcoms like mad growing up (how I read so much - everything I could get my hands on - AND watched so much television as a child, I'll never figure out - seems I shouldn't have had enough time....), and I get to see some of them sometimes now on channels like TV Land. I still love watching them, but not for the same reasons, I've found. I love remembering how I felt when I watched them the first time. And they're sooooooo cheesy now!
* old movies ... all kinds (except Westerns). I love The Thin Man, Gone With the Wind, the Wizard of Oz, anything with Marilyn Monroe, almost anything with Audrey Hepburn, Betty Grable, Lauren Bacall (the Golden Era ones), William Powell, Jane Russell, Clark Gable, Rock Hudson, Doris Day.....you get the idea. I must have seen Pillow Talk about a hundred times, and I rarely miss an airing of The (old) Parent Trap.
I've got more, but I've been up chatting too late again. :) Time for bed now. Bright, sunny morning in England, btw. :)