Enjoy a little moment...

All over the news today, it's all about New York Gov. Spitzer's prostitution scandal. One of the area news channels put together a package of "man-on-the-street" clips. I wasn't paying much attention (as I said, it's been on all day), but one young woman's quote leapt out at me:

"There aren't very many noble people anymore."

I could write a treatise on the nobility - or lack thereof - of man. And I could write it just from the events of these past few days or so.

But that particular mood of that particular moment has passed, and I am enjoying the moment now. Isn't that what we need to do sometimes?
Especially when we look around us every day and we recognize that the nobility of man is so very lacking, don't we sometimes need to just find one moment and relish it for a while?

I was 'accused' of being a romantic today. It's probably true. But still, take a little moment.

My little moment today was a small spontaneous event that was unexpected yet eagerly anticipated. Aren't those always the best ones?

I love tracing through my personal history to find those little moments that altered the course of my life. I am living in an interesting convergence of those moments now. I am excited to see where I will go from here. There are many more little moments out there to experience.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday dinner: Garth Brooks' mother's cabbage rolls

As promised, my rant against the gay marriage bans