Pause in midstream of consciousness....

Well, the snow hit. And boy, did it hit! It started about four hours ago, and I have yet to see it actually fall to the ground. As near as I can tell, it's moving directly from left to right. It must be hitting the ground at some point because I can see it down there. Really....this hibernation idea is looking better and better....
----
Seven hours in, and this snow isn't getting any lighter. On the contrary, it seems to be getting even heavier. I don't think I'll be going anywhere today...
Most of my day was spent working, and the rest has been wandering around online - which actually, is *work* for me, in a way. I write a weekly column about the Internet, so surfing is part of my duty. Besides, lately, the poker rooms at Facebook and the blogs of a few of my friends and other persons of acquaintance are my only contacts with the outside world. Good thing I kick ass at Texas Hold'em. :)
I look forward to the weather clearing, so I can get out some time within the coming weeks though. I never seem to, but I really need to make a point of getting out into the world again. My cave has become a bit too comfortable for my comfort (if ya know what I mean).

Everyone seems to be checking up on me tonight. My son Pooh (17) stopped at a friend's house after school and actually called me to check in....impressive. My son Book (11) called to say hi in case I can't get out to pick him up tomorrow. My mom called me to tell me she was sent home from work early because of the weather. *** even called. It was pretty good. He said again, though, that he couldn't live in Russia. As if I would ever ask him. As if I can't exist anywhere else. "What are you going to do? Move to Canada?" "Ask me after the election." I probably could though - if I ever really believed that I could be the only one for him. That'll never happen though, so it's no place to dwell. I'm on to healthier places. Really. I am. I swear.

What?

:)

I'm getting a little stir crazy.

I'm also missing my friend from across the pond a little bit. Hmm....that particular line of thinking requires further analysis......

Quittin' now....maybe more later.....it's an odd night......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday dinner: Garth Brooks' mother's cabbage rolls

As promised, my rant against the gay marriage bans