Under a rock

The plumber never showed up yesterday, and he didn't come today either. I'm thinking that he might show up tomorrow, since I mentioned that I work at home on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

On a related note, my daughter informed me that the village council will be fining the company doing the road work $1200 a day if they don't finish by Friday. See? EVERYONE in town is completely sick of it. It's taking entirely too long. We're a tiny little town. They don't have that much road to do. And yet, they have left every road in town a complete mess. Not ONE road is fixed yet. The dug it all up...half-ass filled it....and didn't finish anything. In the latest road fallout, Pooh's car lost a hubcap. Divinely touched as he is though, he actually went to Goodwill and found a box of four of the EXACT hubcaps on his car - for $10.

I was definitely ready to get out of the office today, as they were decorating yet another desk for a birthday. It seems that balloons and streamers have become standard operating procedure in the office - for everyone but me. How about that?

Oh well. I'm still in a good mood. I got an invitation today to a party next month. That should be a lot of fun. L and I get along really well, and it will be great to get to interact outside of work in a more relaxed atmosphere. She's cool. I think it will also be GREAT for me to get out and do something social. I feel like I've been living under a rock lately. A rock with Internet access, but a rock nonetheless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday dinner: Garth Brooks' mother's cabbage rolls

As promised, my rant against the gay marriage bans