Olympic salvation

Not only did the Chinese put on the most spectacular opening ceremony ever seen at the Olympics, they actually even controlled the WEATHER to do it!!!! Oh yeah.....no way in hell London's going to be able to top this one....

I'm posting early tonight because I'm getting up at 5 a.m. To work? Well, yes - I do have to work in the morning, but it could wait until 8 a.m. So why am I getting up at 5 a.m. on a Sunday? To watch Italy play soccer against South Korea. I got to watch them play Honduras on the NBC website. It looks like the boys have got some skills. I was a little disappointed to see that the whole team save one is under 21, and they could have had three over 23. They're still quite good. I just don't feel quite as comfortable drooling over them. :) I was hoping for Luca Toni. Mmmm.........

I'm watching the end of one of my favorite movies - Serendipity. I just happened to catch it from the very beginning tonight. It's the first I've seen in it a couple of months. I could never resist watching. This time it made me a little sad though. I used to be Sara, and now I'm Halley. And I was Waiting in Vain all along....

Oh, but now that the movie's over, I've switched over to the Olympic coverage. Men's swimming. Hey, that's gotta perk a girl up.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday dinner: Garth Brooks' mother's cabbage rolls

As promised, my rant against the gay marriage bans