Change it up a little

I completely altered my routine today (as much as possible), and it seems to have had a positive effect on my mood and outlook. Makes sense.

I got to start out my day with the elementary school awards program. First graders are so cute when they're all dressed up and proud of themselves! Although, of course, there was the boy in the back who spent the whole time trying to put his head under his chair. :) I got to see the Munch get her "amazing artist" award, but I had to sneak out to get to work. I passed off my camera, though, to get pictures of my Gin (age 9, fourth grade) getting her award later.





Anyway, I got back home and headfirst into work. We're having .... issues .... and I still don't know who my boss is...... ugh.... Anyway, I solved everyone's problems and got a "you are SO FAR beyond me" and a "you're the best" from the guy in whose hands my employment future rests. So I guess that was a positive.

At some point, my outlook took a header, and I had a minor breakdown. But as I was wallowing in my dispair, I made another routine change that unexpectedly lifted me right up. To explain, I've recently been skirting edges of the soccer (football, to the rest of the planet) world. Well, this evening, I got sucked right in. I just happened to stumble across THE game today, and it took all of about 15 seconds before I couldn't even blink. Why didn't anyone tell me it could be this good? (and..........holy hannah! soccer players are hot!! I fell in love lust at least seven times...)

Well after the obvious lift from the game, I hopped on Facebook to play a little and updated my status to note the ... erm....obviously dejected emotional state of the Chelsea team captain (OUCH!), and I suddenly got messaged by TWO friends - one a Chelsea fan and one a Man U fan. :) That was a fun little time and very cheering to me.

Moments later, I got a message from a closer friend, who until recently had become quite distant indeed. She's blogging now. :) Uh oh. She's already hooked, too! I'm glad that our relationship seems to be slowly on the mend.

I figure I'm safe from any big downers at this point in the evening. It's after 8 p.m. There's no work coming. The Idol final episode is on (and I am SO looking forward to So You Think You Can Dance? coming back!!!). My only potential bad news source is ... disconnected. AND there's a new episode of Boston Legal on tonight.

It's GOTTA be good from here....... :)


Comments

Kat said…
It's nice to get a pat on the back at work, sorry that your day took a header though...Hope you have a great weekend
Bryan said…
I stumbled across your blog from a link that's on a blog of a friend of mine.
Enjoyed reading it.
Will pop in to read more when time permits.

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday dinner: Garth Brooks' mother's cabbage rolls

As promised, my rant against the gay marriage bans