Have you checked out SocialSpark yet?

I've been hearing a little buzz lately about this new thing called SocialSpark.

I've set up my own profile, which you can see here . I just have a basic profile set up so far, but there's room for growth and personalization, and the whole process took me only a few minutes. Now I'm all set up and ready to go!

SocialSpark is a special kind of social networking site especially for bloggers and advertisers. In addition to the usual posts for opportunities to get paid to blog about the subjects and products of advertisers - and yes, we LOVE those - this site really gives bloggers the opportunity to interact and socialize. It's a great way to introduce ourselves as the person behind the blog and share in ways beyond what's possible with just the comments and private exchanges we share behind the public posts in our blogs.

The marketplace at SocialSpark allows advertisers to create opportunities for the bloggers to browse, and advertisers can browse enrolled blogs to get a feel for the marketplace available to them. For bloggers, opportunities are sorted by channels, so we can really go through and find the opportunities that best fit with our own niche, so we aren't compromising the integrity of our own blogs.

A really cool feature I've discovered in searching for opportunities for myself are the "bloguback" offers. SocialSpark makes it easy for bloggers to post promotions for each other through post exchanges. This is the "spark" in SocialSpark, and it allows bloggers not only to interact within the social network of SocialSpark, but to open the opportunity to introduce one's own blog readers to new blogs outside our typical blog-hopping networks.

It's a little awkward to figure out how to navigate through it all at first, but it's actually sort of fun to wander around and get a feel for it all. It seems to be a pretty user-friendly arrangement, but I think a tutorial would be a nice addition to the site. Other than that, I am very pleased with what I've seen of it so far. I look forward to diving in and finding out what SocialSpark has in store for me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday dinner: Garth Brooks' mother's cabbage rolls

As promised, my rant against the gay marriage bans