Oh..........whatever...........*sigh*.......

From the Irony v. Karma Dept. of Life Events, States and Circumstances:

- About 14,000 sun-shaped candle holders, manufactured in China and imported by The Home Depot, have been recalled because sunlight passing through the glass decoration can cause nearby objects to catch fire. The company has received one report of the object causing a fire. No injuries were reported. The candle holders were sold at Home Depot stores in the southern and western regions of the United States between January and March of this year. For details, by phone call 866-403-5504 or online go to the Home Depot website or the website of the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission.

- An overnight shift supervisor at a SuperAmerica in Minnesota was fired for fighting off a robber the supervisor believed was attacking a female cashier in the store. Instead of being praised for his act of heroism, he got the boot. Read about it by clicking here.

- All of those who were teased for your tin-can cars a dozen years ago are now looking pretty darn smart as Gas prices drive Geos from clunkers to chic. (And as an aside, I'd like to remind all of those people flying past me on the interstate that we're told to slow down to save gas at least 230 times a day in all the high-price-of-gas stories, so quit glaring at me like that just because I have the NERVE to drive the speed limit!)

- I won't say anything specific here. I'll just be called nasty names. I'm sure you've all heard the news about Sen. Ted Kennedy being diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor.

- I've got a few ironies in my own life, but I won't get into them now. Suffice it to say, karma better frickin' catch up with me! (Haven't I waited long enough?!?!)

- And if you want an evil chuckle, check out the Nine Most Devastating Insults in the World.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday dinner: Garth Brooks' mother's cabbage rolls

As promised, my rant against the gay marriage bans