My shameless adoration of Democratic pundit Donna Brazile

If there's one thing I love about this presidential campaign (and let's face it - there are a WHOLE LOTTA things I'm loving about this election!), it's the fact that I'm seeing Donna Brazile all over the place lately.

For those of you who don't know, Donna Brazile is a Democratic political activist and strategist who has been on the political scene for the past 30 years. She's worked on pretty much every major Democratic presidential endeavor since 1976. Now, based on my history, one might deduce that I would have little affection for this woman, but that could not be further from the truth.

I find that whenever her face appears on the 24-hour news channels or as a guest on this or that political roundtable, I have to stop everything I'm doing to listen to whatever she has to say. She never fails to impress with the depth of her knowledge and understanding, and her keen sensibilities. And more than that - she's just got personality.

This week though, she really took the cake. She made an appearance via satellite from San Francisco on Stephen Colbert's "The Colbert Report" on Comedy Central last evening, and by the end, she had Colbert off-balance - and blushing!! I've never seen anyone play Colbert's game against him as well as she did. I'm looking for a video clip to post, but for now I just have to wonder how their "private meeting" later went....and what exactly it was that she wanted to show him - and only him - to prove to him that she's a "real black woman." LOL!

Add:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday dinner: Garth Brooks' mother's cabbage rolls

As promised, my rant against the gay marriage bans