Early awakening

I was awakened at 6:30 a.m. by a phone call from Z. I answered and was promptly serenaded with "Happy Birthday." But it's not my birthday, which I told him. "But it's the 16th. Isn't it the 16th?" Two problems: today is not the 16th, and my birthday is not on the 16th. Today is the 12th and my birthday is the 22nd.
"No, my birthday is the 22nd."
"Since when?"
(Huh?) *Chuckle* "Umm, since I was born."
By....definition.....

Oh well...I had to be up early anyway. Gin needed to be at school early because it was her morning to man the school store. And Munch had to get up early because she sneaked off to bed last night without finishing her homework. She still didn't get it finished this morning either.

It was a day in the office today, but it wasn't too bad. It went quickly anyway. I don't overhear any of the interesting stuff anymore, because I've moved back over to the editorial side and away from the chatting ad girls. That's a relief ... but I miss my girls in graphics. I got a call from one today on a ridiculous headline - it's the type of thing we would have just called out and said, "Hey, did you see this?" I'll miss that. I'll have to start making detours when I trek to the other side of the building to make my coffee.

I'm officially off work for the next 51 hours. I think I'll take a nap...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday dinner: Garth Brooks' mother's cabbage rolls

As promised, my rant against the gay marriage bans