Saturday - nevermind

I didn't have to get up for work this morning (FINALLY!) - so naturally, I woke up anyway. I looked at the clock and saw it was 7:45 a.m., and I panicked. I suddenly thought it was Thursday, and the girls were going to be late for school. So I went in and woke them. Gin said, "What? What day is it?" Then it hit me. "Saturday - nevermind."

Of course, by that time I was up, so I checked out the hurricane update on cable news, then I went online to watch soccer. (I feel so compelled to say "football." I fear it would make me appear a bit pretentious. Like that last sentence.... Maybe I should anyway....) I watched Man U lose to Liverpool, then I went on my usual Saturday of picking up Book and having lunch with the kids at Nana's.

Back home, I found Man City playing Chelsea, so I watched that one, too. Good way to spend a day off. I even caught part of the Inter Milano game, so of course, I had to watch what little I could on the unreliable web stream. After all, G asked me to support his team, and as I don't have one of my own, it's the least I can do. D's team is Man United, so I have to back them too (except Ronaldo - I can't stand him. Didn't play today. Good.)

The only problem with my soccer - screw it - football fixation is that I only watch the European teams, so the games are on too early! I want to kick back and watch a game in the afternoon or evening - not at 6 or 7 a.m. And of course, I can see a few games on my cable network, but they're few and far between. One station replays an English Premier League game from the previous day every Tuesday, so if I want to watch it and enjoy it, I have to make sure that I don't spoil it by seeing the score or a highlight video.

It's early evening now, so all the games I'd want to see are over. I think it's time to crack the whip over the kids and work on some chores around the house.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday dinner: Garth Brooks' mother's cabbage rolls

As promised, my rant against the gay marriage bans