Pay attention, people. Do the work. This is important.

I watched the presidential debate tonight, but I'm not going to offer any analysis or boil it down for you. I think that's a mistake. I don't think you should listen to my views on it. I don't think you should read the news stories about the debate, filled with individual quotes selected by someone else. I don't think you should watch the soundbites on the cable news shows and hear the spin from both sides' pundits. I think every American of voting age with any interest in who will become the leader of this great nation should sit down and WATCH these debates themselves - in their entirety - and pay attention. Cut through the spin, cut out the interpretations, and really listen. Pay attention. Make your own decisions and draw your own conclusions. Be fully informed and do the work for yourself. Don't count on someone else to spoon-feed their views to you. Use your head. This is important.

There's a vice-presidential debate coming up next Thursday, Oct. 2. Watch it, and pay attention. There are two other presidential debates set for Oct. 7 and Oct. 15. Watch those too. Sit down and watch. And listen. Pay attention, and make up your own mind. Don't let someone else do it for you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday dinner: Garth Brooks' mother's cabbage rolls

As promised, my rant against the gay marriage bans