Star Wars question

I've never seen Star Wars. Any of them (except for parts of Episode 1, or whatever that prequel was called). People say this makes me weird.
Anyway, I was flipping through the channels this afternoon, and I came across The Empire Strikes Back (which says it's Star Wars 5, but wasn't it the second one? whatever....). I felt somehow obligated to stop and watch it - probably because people keep saying I'm weird. Well, I got through about 20 mins. or so when I finally HAD to change the channel. I don't get it. I thought it was one of the dumbest things I'd ever seen. It was as if it was a parody of itself.
I don't consider myself a big fan of sci-fi, even though Stargate SG-1 and Star Trek:TNG are former favorites of mine, and I've been known to watch shows such as ST:Voyager, Quantum Leap, Eureka, SG Atlantis and Doctor Who - religiously. I never liked Enterprise or the original Star Trek , except City on the Edge of Forever, but everyone likes that one. Yes - I still don't really consider myself a sci-fi fan.
So my point is.....(yes, there is one!!) can anyone explain to me the greatness of the Star Wars series? What's the appeal? Come to think of it, if anyone can explain BSG to me, that would be cool too...and Farscape...
Ah, nevermind. I'm not a sci-fan anyway.... What do I care?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday dinner: Garth Brooks' mother's cabbage rolls

As promised, my rant against the gay marriage bans