"I want, I want, I want ... but that's crazy"

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Wrapping up the day

Have you ever just started wandering around the Internet because you're bored and ended up in some completely outrageous (relatively speaking :) ) place? I didn't have to work all day, and as my night comes to a close, I just found myself doing that very thing. I didn't realize it until I found myself reading - word by word - an article on how to use a rough cut mower. I stopped about halfway through and thought, "Why the hell am I reading this?" I also took an online Italian lesson. It taught me enough to remind me that I've forgotten just about everything from those two Italian classes I took in college. I read all kinds of political news, which led to political blogs, which led to political satire videos, which led to me spending a half hour or so watching old clips from The Daily Show with Jon Stewart. I love it though. Google and Wikipedia can lead you down some crazy paths! I even found the last page of the Internet once - after reading about a molasses flood and a disappearing lake, browsing a shopping site that included an Impaling Unicorn toy with interchangeable horns and victims, a site featuring funny English translations, approximately 840 quadrillion blogs, and quite a few more - it takes a while to get to the last page. Hehe.

I exchanged a couple of messages tonight with G. He's "proud" of me for watching Inter Milano. Hehehe. I think he was a little drunk. He was at a "crazy party" at the time.

It felt a little weird not working today. I kept feeling as if there was something I should be doing. There are things on my to-do list - and I got a few of them done - but there was nothing that HAD to be done today, and there's much that COULDN'T be done today. I don't think it would have felt so awkward if I had been somewhere else. Since I spend half my time working at the office and half my time working at home, spending a day at home doesn't even feel like a day off anymore. I need a complete change of surroundings. Of course, I've reached my annual fall finance crunch - which only worsens as the year wends to a close. So my change of scenery will have to wait until the spring thaw, most likely.

Time for bed now. I suppose it wasn't a bad day. And it had some highlights. (see previous post too) I think I'll go to bed with a smile. And I don't have to set my alarm. Woohoo!

No comments: