Back to work

It's not a full-time job, but freelancing is going to keep me busy for a while and at least bring in some extra (what's "extra"?) money, while I'm looking for something more permanent.

I completed my first assignment for one paper on Monday, and it was a piece of cake. Naturally, I've done this kind of thing a thousand and more times before. I just had to cover a city council meeting. No sweat.

Today's assignment is a little more involved. I'll be going to a Chamber of Commerce Business Expo and reporting on the exhibits, talking to the organizers and attendees, that kind of thing... Tomorrow, I get to cover another Relay for Life. That one's going to take me a little more time as well, but I guess as this paper pays more for it's freelance work, I have to expect that it's going to mean working a little harder for it too. Still, no big deal, nothing's going to have me working as hard - or as long hours - as I was at my last job.

I got an email yesterday with five more assignments for next week - three meetings to attend and two more to get reports on by phone. The phone-in ones don't pay as much, but still, five assignments in a week is pretty darn good for freelancing. And I haven't yet heard from the other paper (the one I did the assignment for Monday), so I might be getting even more than that. Of course, I don't know if I'd be able to squeeze in more assignments for the other paper. I certainly don't want to have to start turning down assignments, because then I probably won't be getting as many. For now, though, it's working into my schedule okay, so I'm just grateful for the work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday dinner: Garth Brooks' mother's cabbage rolls

As promised, my rant against the gay marriage bans