Great Chelsea vs. Manchester United match

I can't ever seem to sleep in anymore. :( No matter how late I stay up, I still wake up at the same time every day. Even on those blessed days when I don't have to wake up to an alarm clock. Ok - so that's most days now, but still, my body's on my old work clock, apparently.

Getting up early this morning though wasn't so bad. I had time to make myself a pot of coffee before settling in to watch Chelsea and Man United battle it out for the Community Shield. I'm a Man United fan, so I was of course disappointed to see them lose this one, especially since Wayne Rooney made such an excellent effort to tie up the score with time almost gone and send it into a penalty shootout. It should have been a lock for Man United at that point, but sadly, they couldn't pull it out. Giggs (of whom I am a big fan) and Evra were major disappointments with their PK efforts (you cannot send a piddling little PK up against Cech like that - he's just too good), and personally, I just don't think Foster's up to this level of play yet. I'd of course always rather see Van Der Sar playing, but he's out with an injury. All week long I've been hoping that Sir Alex would have picked Kuszczak to go up against Chelsea, but it didn't happen.

Still, it was a FANTASTIC match, and I always love watching these two go up against each other. These two teams are so evenly matched, you really never know who's going to come out on top. A final score of 2-2 (PK 4-1 Chelsea) says it all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday dinner: Garth Brooks' mother's cabbage rolls

As promised, my rant against the gay marriage bans