Following the yellow brick road

If you want something badly enough, you find a way to make it happen. I want this badly enough, I have decided that I will make it happen.

My dear friend G is coming back to the United States soon. Yet again, the timing is really lousy, but this time, I'm not letting that stand in my way. We keep trying to get together (he's living in London and I am here in the none-too-appealing Midwestern U.S., so you can imagine that it's a bit of a challenge), but circumstances always seem to get in the way. This time, I'd set my mind that I would find a way to visit when he made it to my side of that accursed pond. This morning I received a bit of a boon that would set me close enough to my goal that I can almost say it's a done deal. I still need to find out the details of the visit. I'm hoping the exact timing doesn't create too much difficulty in working it out. But I almost have to find a way around any roadblock that might be set before me now. This is an important thing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday dinner: Garth Brooks' mother's cabbage rolls

As promised, my rant against the gay marriage bans